September 16

Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnng!!!

Spring has sprung and Room 6 has sprung back too. We have been going beserk in the class garden working our green fingers to the bone to get our grow on. We have been turning the soil, adding compost (our own home made) turning again and finally this afternoon, some planting. At last. We’ve got our tomato plants in as well as broccoli, lettuces, beans, beetroot, cauliflower, radishes, parsley, tatsoi (whatever that is) and mustard greens. We are also involved in the Spud in a Bag Challenge. We have six spuds growing. We are working caring and growing the spuds in teams and have even given them (the spuds) names. Which one do you like best?

in this bag is Channing Potatum

In this bag is Channing Potatum.

20160916_141737

These fine young men are looking after “Spudmuffin”

20160916_140429 20160916_140440 20160916_140620 20160916_140435 20160916_140650 20160916_140415 20160916_140424

20160916_141915

These green thumbed students are caring for “Chip”

20160916_141814

These girls are taking care of “Wedgie” the spud.

Here we have "Benny"

Here we have “Benny”

This one is called. Ma Baker - Geddit???

This one is called. Ma Baker – Geddit???

Posted September 16, 2016 by brownstuff in category Uncategorized

22 thoughts on “Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnng!!!

1. brownstuff (Post author)

Thanks Delina, do you do any gardneing? You should give it a go. It is so much fun and at the end you can eat it. YYYYeah!!!

Reply
  1. Te Aranga Mai

Kia ora room 6 my name is Te Aranga Mai from Kawakawa primary school. I really like your planting and your team work can’t wait till they are finish growing to their full size.

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Kia ora Te! (is it ok to call you that???) We are looking forward to seeing who can grow the biggest spuds. Do you like the names we gave them? Mine is Channing Potatum. Hehehehe which one is yours?

Reply
  2. Mata

Kia ora papakaio school my name is Mata from Kawakawa primary school and I´m a year 7. I really like the photo that you put up on your blog of you fella doing the garden because I sometime like doing the garden too.

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Kia ora Mata, we love gardening out here. We are just so glad that spring has finally turned up and we are getting some sun to help our little plants grow. What is your favourite plant to grow?

Reply
  3. Waiheke

Hi I’m Waiheke from
    Kawakawa primary Room 3. I like
    planting I have my own plants.
    at home. I got 3 plants because
    It’s so fun to do.

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Hey Waiheke, what plants do you have. We love gardening, especially when we can eat what we grow. 🙂

Reply
  4. kawa

Kiora! my name is Kawa and I am a student from Kawakawa primary school, It must of been a hard job planting all of thos plants, what was your favourite plant?

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Kia ora Kawa. we are loving how our broccoli is growing and our garlic too. but our tomato plants are looking pretty sad on it. we had a mean spring frost last week and I think it might have killed them off.

Reply
  5. Ford Lofranco

Brilliant planting Mr Brown I Love doing garden and I wish I can do it this year in this class Thanks! Mr Brown

Reply
  6. alazeim17

Hi my name is Alazei, i’m from OIS.
    I like how you guys are planting veges, sounds like a cool idea!

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Thanks chloe. This was actually last year in September. We are not doing much in the garden at the moment. We will be back into it again when spring hits for sure

Reply
  7. arrowk17

Hi my name is Arrow and I am from O.I.S and I was wondering whether this was a competition between the teams or just for fun.

Reply
  8. Jackie

Hi room 6. My name is Jackie I go to kawakawa primary school I’m in room 3 I am a year 7 student anyway. I really like your way of caring for plants and great because one day you could make your own garden and you wont be worried about buying food all the time. My question is whats with the red colored words?

Reply
  9. Havahna

HI my name is Havahna and I go to kawakawa primary school. I really like your boing and I also like how you were working together.

Reply