May 21

Hawksbill Sea Turtle

The Eremochely Imbricate is the scientific name for the Hawksbill sea turtle, they are reptiles and are critically endangered.

Although a lot of other animal species the male will weigh way more, it is not the same with the hawksbill sea turtle the male and female both way around 40 – 60 kgs.  they can also grow up to 62 – 114 cms long,  also the average size of a hawksbill sea turtle shell is 72cms.The average life span of 30 – 50 years.

Because the hawksbill sea turtle has a very wide range, they can be found and tropical Reef of the Indian, Pacific  and Atlantic oceans. They also avoid deep waters, preferring coastline were sponges are abundant and sandy nesting sites are within reach.

Using their narrow beaks they extract Invertebrate prey from the rocks and plants on the reef, because they are carnivorous.

Their hard shell protects them from many predators such as large fish, sharks, crocodiles, jellyfish, octopus and humans. They also can be killed by sea urchin, crustacean, and sea algae.

Young can not dive deep so spend most of their childhood floating among sea plants near the surface. Of all the sea turtle species the hawksbill sea turtle is the most associated with warm tropical waters.

Hawksbill sea turtles were listed as endangered under the United States Endangered Species act. But there is always something that we can do to help such as clean ups on public because where they can be found.

Posted May 21, 2016 by embaw in category Uncategorized

6 thoughts on “Hawksbill Sea Turtle

1. brownstuff

You published this to the class page. I think you should put it onto your student blog page so that everyone knows that it is you who wrote this great informational report.

Reply
  2. Quinn Wardle

Hi room 6 it is Quinn her ois. these are some good facts out the hawksbill sea turle. In my favorite animal is a sea turtle. I can not wait to see more of these cool posts on your blog.

Reply
  3. Makere Tana

Hi my name is Makere from kawakawa primary school. I like that you did a report on hawks bill turtle. I never knew a hawks bill turtle could live up to 50 years.

Reply
  4. kawa

Hi my name is Kawa from Kawakawa primary school. I liked the part in your report when it said hawks bill’s can protect
    themselves with there hard shells.

Reply
  5. Jackie

Hi room 6 my name is Jackie I’m a year 6 student I’m 10 years old I’m from Kawakawa primary school. I really want to say this I kind of don’t get this but I think every thing else was great I admire your work my question is I never knew what hawks bill turtles existeded. I mean I never saw one?

Reply
  6. Makere Tana

Makere: Hi my name is Makere from Kawakawa primary school room 3. I like the report you did on hawkbill sea turtles. I never knew hawkbill sea turtles were critically endangered. Do you enjoy studying hawkbill sea turtles?

Reply