August 16

MOONHACK 2017- we are world record holders!!!

“Moonhack” sounds like the title of the latest Bond movie but actually, it was a world record attempt organised by Codeclub to have the most school kids ever coding at the same time. And we were part of it. We worked on a Scratch project individually (you could say we scratched ourselves), but we uploaded our projects to be part of the event.

Here are some pics to prove it:

Posted August 16, 2017 by brownstuff in category Uncategorized

24 thoughts on “MOONHACK 2017- we are world record holders!!!

1. hayleys17

Hi i’m Hayley from OIS and I think this is really cool that you have a world record for coding. How did you find out that it could be a world record?

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Our teacher found out about it when he was away on a course learning about coding in the classroom.

Reply
  2. arrowk17

That is so cool.What sort of projects came out of it? Did everyone in the school participate? We did Scratch last year and I enjoyed. Out of everyone who did it everywhere how many people joined in? I bet it was exciting knowing you had participated in setting a world record.
    -Arrow

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Hi Arrow, it was fun. We were part of a group of over 20,000 students across NZ, Australia and Asia. We all did the same project. It showed scratch the cat jumping on earth and on the moon. It demonstrated the difference between the gravity on each of the two places.

Reply
  3. dylanjones17

Hi my name is Dylan! I’m from O.I.S and I think it’s so cool that you guys were in first for a bit! We entered our own team as well but from what I heard they didn’t do to well.

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

That’s OK Dylan. Maybe I need to think about the way I layout my posts to make it easier.

Reply
    1. brownstuff (Post author)

Hi Kris, we all did the same project. It showed scratch the cat jumping on earth and on the moon. It demonstrated the difference between the gravity on each of the two places.

Reply
  4. ameliaw17

Hi my name is Amelia from O.I.S. Congratulations on your world record! How many schools were involved with this?

Reply
    1. damian brown

Hi Delina. We are very lucky at Papakaio School, we have had chromebooks in our classroom for some years now. And a few of our kids come to school with their own laptops, chromebooks or ipads. Does your school have many class computers?

Reply
  5. liliant17

Hi, My name is Lily from O.I.S. When I was at Duntroon school we did scratch but we never did a world record attempt plus got a world record!

Reply
  6. Waiheke

Hello my Name is Waiheke from Kawakawa primary.
    By what i’m seeing is you guys are doing some coding i’ll be doing that soon it’s cool how you guys are working on the same thing and it’s the world record . But how long did it take you?

Reply