February 11

Let me tell you something.

For our first writing task, I wanted to learn something new about my students that I didn’t know. I gave them the following examples of my own for the world wide web to know. They came up with some great writing and they will be publishing it on their blogs this week. Anyway, here is the models that they used to create their own exciting writing.

Let me tell you something about me…

I am short. Not just short, really short. So short that it makes people laugh. They call me names; teeny, midget, no legs, stumpy, half man. It drives me crazy. I can never reach the top shelf at the supermarket. I’ve never tasted half the food there. It’s hard. But it does have its benefits that some people don’t know. For example, shopping for clothes in the kid’s section saves me money, and Pumpkin Patch has a great range of cool clothes. Sometimes I can even get into the movies for student prices. The lady at the counter can’t imagine an adult would be so short they struggle to see over the counter. So I guess I shouldn’t complain really. What do you think about that?

P.S. Here is a selfie…..

Image result for gnome

Let me tell you something about me…

I hate sharks. Not just hate- really hate. I hate their fins, their beady little eyes, their gills, their dull, grey skin. But most of all I hate their teeth. They terrify me. Every time I go to the beach I look out at the sea and think……… Nope. I can’t even dip my toes in. I’m consumed by the idea of a hungry shark chomping down on my leg as soon as I step in. I stand on the shore and wave at my kids as they splash away in the waves. But I’m not getting in. No way. Uh-uh. Never. I like my legs where they are. Attached to my body. What do you think about that?  

Image result for shark

Eeeeeeeeew shark!

If you like the idea, maybe you could tell us something about you. We’d love to hear it, whoever you are.

Posted February 11, 2018 by brownstuff in category Uncategorized

3 thoughts on “Let me tell you something.

1. rm5ois

This is a great idea to get to know your students. I did laugh reading the piece about your height – I bet your students did too.

Reply
  2. Mr Webb and Room Three, Auroa School, New Zealand

Emma
    Thank you for leaving a comment on our class blog in South Taranaki. We really appreciate the feedback and enjoyed receiving your comment. To answer your queston the biggest part of the growth mindset was to think of ways we could be challenged so that in the future we could think to overcome them next time. We had lots of examples that trying would have meant we could have completed something, so we are going to make it an ongoing thing and look to push ourselves in the future.
    Mr Webb and Room Three, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

Reply